Six Artistic Journeys: From Joyful Streets to Global Revolutions
Sacatar is pleased to announce the six Fellows selected in the Sacatar Open Call 2022, African Diaspora in Brazil Open Call 2023 and through a parnership with Fondation des Artistes who will be in residence at the Instituto Sacatar on the Island of Itaparica, Bahia, Brazil, from November 13, 2023 – January 15, 2024.
This residency session revolves around artists from different backgrounds converging at Sacatar to explore and respond to local cultures, stories, and experiences. Each artist’s work represents a unique perspective, from street photography, politics, dance, and multimedia, creating a diverse and dynamic artistic dialogue.
- Andrea Silva D’Amato / Photography / Brazil / African Diaspora in Brazil Open Call 2023
- Artur Domoslawski / Literature / Poland / Open Call 2022
- Aurore-Caroline Marty / Visual Arts / France / Fondation des Artistes
- Emilia Izquierdo / Moving Images / Chile > UK / Open Call 2022
- Guillaume Gouerou / Visual Arts / France / Fondation des Artistes
- Robert Tinning / Dance / Ecuador > Australia / Open Call 2022
CLICK HERE to read the complete MEDIA RELEASE of this group of resident Fellows.