Recent Events with Past Sacatar Fellows
Past Sacatar Fellows are invited to share news of their activities by sending information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on links for additional information.
- Muthukrishnan Ramalingam (India 2004) just attended the residency programme at La Porte Peinte Centre Pour Les Arts in Noyers sur Serein, France.
- Scott Hocking (USA 2016) Solo exhibition SCOTT HOCKING: OLD at David Klein Gallery, 1520 Washington Boulevard, Detroit, Michigan from May 12 – June 23, 2018.
- Michael Zelehoski (USA 2015) Solo exhibition Things Fall Apart. From May 17 to July 13, 2018. Opening on Thursday, May 17 from 2 to 9 pm. Backlash Gallery Paris.
- Elida Tessler (Brazil 2006) invites to the 16th Week of Museums in the Sala dos Pomares. May 19, 2018 at 3pm.
- Mauricio Adinolfi (Brazil 2016) participates in the group show of art and science entittled “Amazon: The New Travelers” that happens at MuBE from May 12 to July 29, 2018.
- Derek Bermel (USA 2007) is thrilled to perform a concert of his music in NYC on Monday, May 7, with the splendid JACK Quartet on Music Mondays. Also featuring the golden tones of soprano Mikaela Bennett and the intrepid virtuosity of pianist Aaron Wunsch. And it’s free!
- Evan Eisenberg (USA 2006 & 2010) will participate in the show ROUNDWORMS AND SMALL HANDS: PARASITES AND THE BODY POLITIC May 6 at 6pm (And every first Saturday of each month) at Cornelia Street Café. 29 Cornelia Street, NY NY 10014.
- Pieter Paul Pothoven (Holland 2016) invites for the opening of FACADE SUSPENDED, his first solo exhibition at the Dürst Britt & Mayhew gallery in The Hague, The Netherlands. Opening: May 5, from 5 to 8 p.m. Exhibition: May 5 to June 23, 2018
- The puppeteer Sean Cawelti (USA 2011) announces that the remake of WOOD BOY DOG FISH will play at the Garry Marshall Theatre in Burbank, California on May 12 – June 24.
- Musician Januibe Tejera (Brazil 2016) will present the Insanæ Navis concert on May 4, 5 and 6 in Paris, at POP.
- Musician Sidiki Conde (Guinea 2004) will be part of the show What We Bring: New Immigrant Gifts at City Lore – 56 E 1st Street, New York, NY 10003. Opening Reception: Friday, April 6th from 6-9 PM. Exhibit Dates: April 6th – September 16th, 2018. Gallery Hours: Fri: 2 – 6pm / Sat – Sun: 12 – 6pm
- Photographer Karolina Karlic (Polland / USA 2014) invites for her solo exhibition entittled “Rubberlands”. On view at Light Work: March 20 – July 27, 2018. Opening reception and gallery talk: March 29 from 5-7pm.
- Sook Jin Jo (Korea 2001 & 2007) would like to invite you her solo show entittled SHANGHAI BLACK at Black & White Gallery / Project Space from April 6 – May 13, 2018 / Preview: Friday, April 6, 6-9pm.
- The first artist to participate in the Sacatar Solo project with exclusive use of the main house and two studios, Laurie Anderson (USA 2016) was at Sacatar for three weeks in 2016. During that time, she worked on her (just published by Rizzoli) book “All The Things I Lost in the Flood”.
- Sound artists Bruce Odland (USA 2017) and Sam Auinger (Germany 2017) will present a discussion and workshop at the Rubin Museum in New York on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 from 7 to 8:30PM. Click here for more information.
- Xavier Marrades (Spain 2017) was the guest of honor in the “Cinema ao Ar Livre” project created by Instituto Cervantes de Salvador / Bahia. At the occasion, his film “Cucli” was shown along with three Bahian short films. Afterwards the audience had the chance to talk to the directors. Feb 23, 2018 at 7PM.
- Yumi Kori (Japan 2008) was invited to give a talk “Between Art and Architecture” at Washington University in Seattle on Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Candice Lin (USA 2011) will be a featured visual artist in Made in LA 2018, a prestigious acknowledgment by the Hammer Museum biennially. JUN 3-SEP 2, 2018. Made in L.A. 2018 is the fourth iteration of the Hammer’s biennial exhibition, continuing to highlight the practices of artists working throughout Los Angeles and the surrounding areas.
- Viga Gordilho (Brazil 2004) curated the show “Alma Infinita de Tudo” at Galeria ACBEU, Salvador, Bahia from Jan 26 – Feb 23, 2018. And participated in the group exhitibion “Os 11 Sonhos de Iemanjá” at Galeria Póstudo, Salvador, Bahia from Feb 2 – 28, 2018.
- Sook Jin Jo (Korea 2001 & 2007) would like to share her 3 exhibitions in the past months: “Seoul Cross” in the Bukseoul Museum of Art, Seoul, Korea. October 31 – November 26, 2017; “Chairs” in the Jeonbuk Museum of Art, Jeonbuk, Korea. September 1 – December 3, 2017; “Witness” in the Forum Schlossplatz, Aarau, Switzerland. March 4- May 21, 2017.
- Eduardo Kac (Brazil 2002) had a screening of Télescope intérieur: une œuvre spatiale d’Eduardo Kac at the Louvre Museum Auditorium in Paris on January 27th, 2018. The documentary is centered on Eduardo Kac’s work Inner Telescope, directed by Virgile Novarina and produced by Observatoire de l’Espace, the Cultural Lab of the French Space Agency (CNES).
- Chandrahas Choudhury (India 2017) just had released his new novel “Clouds”, 288 pages / published by Simon & Schuster India. Clouds will be available in book stores and online from 9 January, 2018.